Hi && welcome to Life or Something After College. I started this blog fresh out of college at the ripe age of 22 and it’s been four wonderful years since that point. I have grown a great deal, humbled, matured, fallen, broken my own heart, traveled, pushed myself, cried, laughed, lost some friends and gained new ones, worked my ass off, grown independent, gained confidence, and fallen in love. My stories and experiences range from a lost little college grad to CEO of a successful construction company. I went from being single, jobless and living with my parents to being in love, running a company and living on my own. I still don’t have everything figured out and life throws me curveballs on the daily, but the best thing we can do is just laugh at the little things and open ourselves up to different experiences.
So here’s a little about me:
- I live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- I’m CEO/President and owner of a construction company, and yes I’m a woman
- I love to ski, do anything outdoors, run, travel and drink dirty martinis
- I have the most wonderfully weird friends from all different walks of life and I cherish every single memory we share
- I can command a whole board room or backpack in for 5 days without showering but I do it all with perfectly manicured nails. I love to shake things up and redefine what it means to be a woman.
- Some little girls dream of becoming a princess when they grow up, I dreamt of becoming a C.E.O. (& I did!)
- I am happily addicted to coffee, don’t even try to have a conversation with me before I drink my first cup
- I love stupid TV shows, I can’t be intellectual all the time
- I’d always rather be backpacking
- I used to be a trainwreck at dating, but I’ve found someone and he agreed to date me for the last 1.5 years
- I had the best four years of my life in college and I hope that the future rewards me with memories and experiences that can compare to it
- And sometimes, even though I have an amazing life, I have the nerve to complain about it.
So this is my blog, Life or Something After College. I have posts about inspiration and passion as well as what it takes to run a business. I also share some hard-earned life advice for all of the 20-somethings out there. So whether you just graduated college or you’re well on your way, I hope I can offer some words of wisdom.